Interview Questions for Information Technology Managers:
1. Our company needs to install a new software system. What research method do you follow to determine the best software system for the job?
Shows the ability to research and work with software systems.
2. Have you made improvements to an IT infrastructure before? If so, what methods did you follow to implement the improvements?
Tests troubleshooting skills and evidence the ability to make improvements to IT infrastructures for better functionality.
3. In your opinion, what are the most effective ways to improve network security?
Tests of computer networking skills and shows risk awareness.
4. Describe a time when a member of your team wasn’t performing effectively. How did you address the issue and what did you do to motivate them?
Illustrates management and leadership skills and the ability to work with others in a team.
5. How do you stay up to date with trends in the technology industry?
Indicates an interest to remain well-informed on developments within the technology industry.