Also known as an IT Supervisor or an Information Systems Manager, an Information Technology (IT) Manager ensures the effective operation of a company’s IT system and processes.
When interviewing Information Technology Managers, the best candidate for the position will evidence a proactive attitude and a detailed knowledge of computer hardware and software systems. Be wary of candidates who are unable to work flexible hours and lack management and leadership skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Information Technology Managers:
1. Our company needs to install a new software system. What research method do you follow to determine the best software system for the job?
Shows the ability to research and work with software systems.
2. Have you made improvements to an IT infrastructure before? If so, what methods did you follow to implement the improvements?
Tests troubleshooting skills and evidences the ability to make improvements to IT infrastructures for better functionality.
3. In your opinion, what are the most effective ways to improve network security?
Tests computer networking skills and shows risk awareness.
4. Describe a time when a member of your team wasn’t performing effectively. How did you address the issue and what did you do to motivate them?
Illustrates management and leadership skills and the ability to work with others in a team.
5. How do you stay up to date with trends in the technology industry?
Indicates an interest to remain well-informed on developments within the technology industry.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources