An IT Project Manager plans, implements, coordinates and oversees large-scale IT projects. This may include utilizing selected staff from various internal departments, as well as external resources. An IT Project Manager establishes a Project Management Office (PMO) in a company.
IT Project Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a positive, proactive IT Project Manager to oversee project teams and to ensure IT projects are completed on time. The IT Project Manager will establish a Project Management Office (PMO), and direct and coordinate the utilization of resources across divisions of the project to reach targets. The IT Project Manager will ensure compliance with budget and other project requirements. You will document instructions for end users and assist with testing of the final product. You will communicate with stakeholders during all phases of the project, and close it efficiently.
To be successful in this role you should deliver an extensively recorded, tested, intact and operative product within delivery time frames and budget. Ideal candidates will be analytical, and have a positive demeanor.
IT Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Assisting in establishing a Project Management Office to oversee multiple projects.
- Liaising with stakeholders such as project personnel, vendors and end users regarding project requirements.
- Outlining, defining and initiating project.
- Implementing document control policies and documentation templates.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of assigned component projects.
- Evaluating standards of component products.
- Monitoring project progress and implementing changes where necessary.
- Monitoring expenditures in accordance with budget.
- Ensuring compliance with objectives, organizational policies, procedures and standards.
- Compiling project reports and informing management regarding problems.
- Ensuring project complies with best practices, SOPs, PMO policies and other policies.
IT Project Manager Requirements:
- CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, MCSE, or similar certification.
- 3+ years experience in a project management role.
- Understanding of MSP ticketing and Alert Management Systems.
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Understanding of software development life cycle.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills.