Interview Questions for IT Project Manager:
1. How did you keep your team motivated during past projects?
The candidate's answer will demonstrate their ability to motivate the project team to reach targets and illuminate their management style. It is important to choose a candidate with strong people skills.
2. How did you close your last three projects?
Listen carefully. The potential hire's answer will demonstrate their ability to close projects effectively. Some projects fail because they aren’t finished or closed properly. It is therefore important to establish whether your candidate has the drive to complete a project.
3. Which metrics did you use to measure the progress of your last three projects?
The candidate's answer will show their ability to ensure timeframes are adhered to in a dynamic project.
4. Which communication challenges did you encounter during previous projects, and how did you overcome them?
The potential hire’s response will demonstrate whether they have the ability to identify and adequately address communication challenges.
5. Could you give me examples of how your proactive behavior benefited past projects?
The candidate will express their proactivity skills in their answer.