IT Consultants are external analysts who evaluate a company's IT systems to help them meet their business objectives. Their primary duties include analyzing and diagnosing a company's IT infrastructure, understanding a client's business needs and designing and implementing a technology solution.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
IT Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for technology specialists who are creative problem solvers for the position of IT Consultant. IT Consultants are responsible for implementing technological solutions to solve business problems, creating a schedule for analysis, implementation and testing of technology and working with in-house technical teams to ensure consistency of use, among other duties.
Moreover, IT Consultants will communicate technical instructions in understandable business terms and produce technical user manuals, requiring exceptional interpersonal and communicative ability.
IT Consultant Responsibilities:
- Analyzing a company's IT system and infrastructure.
- Diagnosing IT system problems, inefficiencies and weaknesses.
- Planning a timeline for completion of projects.
- Understanding a client's business needs.
- Implementing a technological solution to meet business needs.
- Analyzing and determining security threats.
- Providing advice on technology best practices.
- Collaborating with technical in-house team to ensure familiarity with technology.
- Training staff to use the new IT system.
- Monitoring the success of IT solution.
- Producing detailed reports on the efficacy of the technology.
IT Consultant Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- MBA advantageous.
- Proficiency with database languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Good time management and organizational skills.