An Information Technology (IT) Manager, also known as an IT Supervisor or an Information Systems Manager, is responsible for the supervision, implementation and maintenance of a company’s computing needs. You will ensure the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware, and software used within a company.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Information Technology Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Information Technology Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that computing systems and equipment are operating effectively and efficiently.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
Information Technology Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
Information Technology Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience managing IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources