Computer Systems Analysts look for ways to optimize a business or organization use of its information technology. In many ways, they act as a bridge between business operations and IT to make sure they're supporting each other.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Computer Systems Analyst Job Description Template
Our IT team is rapidly expanding and we are now hiring a Computer Systems Analyst. You will research various hardware and software to decide if they will improve the overall IT function. You will also install, deploy, and test new systems. To do well in this role you should have a thorough knowledge of modern computer systems and applications and be able to quickly collect data to back up decisions you make.
Computer Systems Analyst Responsibilities:
- Consult with colleagues about their IT needs.
- Research hardware and software technologies to decide if they offer improvements.
- Help the management team decide if IT systems and infrastructure upgrades make business sense.
- Develop new functionality for existing computer systems.
- Select and install new software and hardware systems.
- Oversee new system installation and setup, and customize them for business needs.
- Run tests on systems.
- Train end users and write instruction manuals as necessary.
Computer Systems Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or master degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of and experience with distributed networking concepts.
- Experience using computer aided software engineering tools and applications.
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Proven track record developing and supporting effective business systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong understanding of and ability to use mathematics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work well with our network administrator, security analyst, hardware analyst, business analyst, support specialist and other team members.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Provide technical support as needed.