Computer Systems Analyst Job Description Template
Our IT team is rapidly expanding and we are now hiring a computer systems analyst. You will research various hardware and software to decide if they will improve the overall IT function. You will also install, deploy, and test new systems.
To do well in this role you should have a thorough knowledge of modern computer systems and applications and be able to quickly collect data to back up decisions you make.
Computer Systems Analyst Responsibilities:
- Consulting with colleagues about their IT needs.
- Researching hardware and software technologies to decide if they offer improvements.
- Helping the management team decide if IT systems and infrastructure upgrades make business sense.
- Developing new functionality for existing computer systems.
- Selecting and installing new software and hardware systems.
- Overseeing new system installation and setup, and customizing these for business needs.
- Running tests on systems.
- Training end-users and writing instruction manuals as necessary.
Computer Systems Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of and experience with distributed networking concepts.
- Experience using computer-aided software engineering tools and applications.
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Proven track record developing and supporting effective business systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong understanding of and ability to use mathematics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.