Network Administrators, or Systems Administrators, install, maintain, and repair computer networks for businesses. Successful candidates will be technical, analytical, and efficient. Avoid candidates who lack critical thinking or problem solving skills.
Interview Questions for Network Administrators
1. Describe some of the operating systems, software, and hardware that you’ve used.
Reveals more about work history.
2. How do you stay current on the latest industry developments? How do you prepare others for major changes?
Shows industry awareness.
3. How you handle angry or uncooperative clients. How do you work with clients who do not have a technical background?
Tests communication skills.
4. A few computers throughout the building have lost connectivity. How do you begin troubleshooting?
Tests problem-solving skills.
5. What is the most challenging network issue you’ve had to solve? How did you do it?
Tests technical skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources