Network administrators are responsible for the day-to-day operation of computer networks at business and organizations. They are sometimes known as a computer systems administrator, a network system administrator or just system administrator.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Network Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking to hire a Network Administrator who will be responsible for managing the daily operations of our computer networks. You will be in charge of overseeing digital security and performing maintenance to ensure that the system is operating at full capacity. You will also be tasked with installing hardware and software when necessary.
A Bachelor's degree in IT or Computer Science is needed for you to be considered as a candidate. To be successful in this role, a strong understanding of network infrastructure and the ability to administer and troubleshoot network devices are needed.
Network Administrator Responsibilities:
- Assess a company or organization’s network and computer system needs.
- Install hardware and software.
- Make upgrades and repairs as needed.
- Oversee digital security.
- Perform maintenance that all systems are operating.
- Collect and analyze data to optimize performance.
- Onboard users to network.
- Train users on hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot problems with the system.
- Oversee local area network and wide area network.
Network Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or related field of study.
- Strong understanding of computer network infrastructure.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of IT staff inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Experience with local area network and wide area network administration.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources