Network Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable network specialist to optimize our company's IT network. You will be evaluating our network's performance, collaborating with our IT team to increase network capacity, and overseeing network security.
To ensure success as a network specialist, you should possess in-depth knowledge of network technologies and experience in a similar role. An accomplished network specialist will be someone whose network expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of information.
Network Specialist Responsibilities:
- Determining company needs and coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures with the IT team.
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, updating, and configuring end-user networking accessories.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
Network Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a network specialist.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to visit client locations.
- Availability to perform network repairs outside of business hours.