NOC Engineer Job Description Template
We are seeking an NOC engineer to oversee our telecommunication networks and computer systems. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring the performance and capacity of our computer systems, troubleshooting problems, and responding to network issues. You may also be required to configure system hardware and manage system back-ups.
To ensure success as an NOC engineer, you should demonstrate advanced knowledge of network deployment and infrastructure, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work flexible hours. A skilled NOC Engineer will be able to diagnose and resolve network issues without causing extended downtime of the IT systems.
NOC Engineer Responsibilities:
- Deploying and inspecting IT network systems.
- Overseeing the safe installation of hardware and cabling systems.
- Monitoring the performance and capacity of computer systems.
- Performing regular checks on network hardware and software.
- Responding to network alerts and hardware malfunctions.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting network errors.
- Tracking and documenting network issues and compiling incident reports.
- Responding to user requests and providing network training.
- Managing system backups and network security protocols.
NOC Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field.
- Extensive experience working as an NOC engineer.
- Experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting network infrastructures.
- Knowledge of server hardware systems including Dell Blade, UCS, and HP systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.