Technical Directors are employed for their high-level skills within a particular technical field. They may work for engineering, software, theatre, film, or television companies. Specific duties vary, but they typically oversee staff, analyze operations and develop improvement plans, and ensure work is completed on time.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Director Job Description Template
We are searching for a talented Technical Director to join our excellent team. The Technical Director’s responsibilities include understanding project goals and developing plans and work schedules that will achieve them. You will also monitor and recruit new staff, review processes, write project reports, identify risks, and provide cost and time estimates. You should be able to work alongside different teams and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful as a Technical Director, you should demonstrate a sound understanding of your discipline, and be open to collaborating with a wide range of professionals. Outstanding candidates are highly motivated, deadline-driven, and adaptable.
Technical Director Responsibilities:
- Understanding written and verbal project briefs, and working alongside team members to develop plans, work schedules, and targets.
- Analyzing operations and providing cost-effective suggestions for improvement.
- Streamlining processes so that the business operates at maximum efficiency.
- Assisting with training and recruitment of new staff members.
- Liaising with clients, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Updating work schedules and adjusting targets as required.
- Addressing performance issues and scheduling meetings when required.
- Motivating and inspiring staff members when tight deadlines approach and morale or energy is low.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field.
- Writing up reports and presenting findings to the relevant parties.
Technical Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
- A high school diploma may be acceptable.
- Practical industry experience recommended.
- A high technical aptitude.
- Superb interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A growth mindset, attention to detail, and an excellent work ethic.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources