Assistant Directors are responsible for assisting departmental directors to optimize department operations and assist with projects and initiatives. They help to establish objectives, procedures, policies, and budgets, as well as hiring, training, and coaching employees.
When interviewing Assistant Directors, look for candidates who demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills. Be wary of candidates who lack team working and interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Assistant Directors:
1. How would you establish goals, budgets, and deadlines for a project?
Look for candidates who demonstrate organizational skills, as well as relevant work experience.
2. How would you respond to a disinterested employee who is not meeting expectations?
Demonstrates the candidates' ability to coach employees, as well as interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
3. Why do you think attending company, networking, and public events are important?
Look for candidates who demonstrate an understanding of their role.
4. What would you do if you disagreed with the department director?
Demonstrates the candidates' interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as their respect for leadership and team working ability.
5. What kind of information would you present to company shareholders?
Demonstrates knowledge of the role and responsibilities.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources