An Assistant Director supports the departmental director to develop strategies, design projects, track progress goals, and evaluate and improve departmental performance. The Assistant Director may also lead or participate in projects and initiatives.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Assistant Director to assist with projects and initiatives, reporting and presenting department information to clients, leadership, and shareholders, and reviewing and updating processes and procedures. The Assistant Director helps to establish objectives, policies, budgets, and procedures, as well as monitoring expenses and metrics.
A successful Assistant Director is attentive, knowledgeable, efficient, and organized with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You should have a sound working knowledge of business regulations, standards, and practices.
Assistant Director Responsibilities:
- Assisting the director with planning and implementing strategies.
- Monitoring progress towards objectives.
- Assisting the director with projects and initiatives by completing assigned tasks.
- Monitoring activities assigned to other staff members.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients, management, staff, and the community.
- Assisting the director to establish and enforce budgets, timelines, and metrics.
- Organizing and filing documents, taking notes, and delivering messages to the director.
- Presenting department information to clients, leadership, and shareholders.
- Scheduling, organizing, and participating in company and community events.
- Recruiting, training, and retraining employees.
Assistant Director Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3 years' relevant experience.
- A good working knowledge of business regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good organizational and management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources