An Assistant is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of an office through performing administrative and clerical duties, as well as providing reliable support for managers, staff, and office visitors. An Assistant is also known as an Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Personal Assistant, or Office Clerk.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working and dedicated Assistant to be responsible for administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficiency and smooth running in our offices. The Assistant provides reliable support to managers, staff, and office visitors, handles basic office tasks and monitors office operations to increase efficiency, quality, and lower costs.
A successful Assistant is dedicated, hard-working, and has strong attention to detail. You should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Greeting and directing visitors, answering questions, and responding to complaints and requests.
- Making arrangements for meetings and travel.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as data entry, answering phones, taking messages, sorting mail, maintaining and updating filing, operating office machines, and arranging equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Planning and preparing for office events, such as meetings, conferences, and promotional activities.
- Ordering and distributing office supplies.
- Maintaining positive relationships with vendors, clients, and coworkers.
- Reviewing and updating office procedures to reduce errors and costs.
- Following and enforcing relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
- A high school diploma.
- A working knowledge of and experience with administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- A good proficiency with computers.
- Familiarity with office equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources