Administrative Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an administrative assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, administrative assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in a related field.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Multilingual may be preferred or required.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
Administrative Assistant FAQ:
What is an administrative assistant?
The duties of an administrative assistant may include a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. Answering telephones, arranging for meetings and travel, and managing schedules are some common examples of administrative assistant duties and responsibilities. When you create your admin assistant job description, try adding details that tell applicants more about the role at your organization.
Is the sample job advertisement for administrative assistants customizable?
Edit and add to our administrative assistant qualifications, duties, and skills to create the administrative assistant job ad you want.
What alternate job titles might be used when I advertise an administrative assistant job listing?
Administrative assistant job postings may also be listed under Administrative Specialist or Administrative Coordinator. Learn more about the different administrative assistant roles and responsibilities with the admin assistant job description sample above.
Do you have any admin asst interview questions?
We do have interview questions to go with our administrative assistant job description example.