Executive Assistants support members of executives by answering phone calls and emails, scheduling meetings, directing visitors, and other clerical tasks. Strong candidates will be proactive, communicative, and efficient. Avoid those who lack interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Executive Assistants
1. Describe a time when you multitasked successfully. Which tasks take priority?
Demonstrates time management skills.
2. How do you handle a demanding supervisor? What about visitors or callers? Support your answer.
Tests customer service skills.
3. Describe your computer experience. Which applications do you use? Why?
Shows computer skills.
4. How do you begin setting up a meeting? What steps do you take to ensure that every detail is planned and executives are prepared?
Shows attention to detail.
5. Describe how you make travel arrangements. What questions do you ask? What goes into your process?
Tests planning skills.