Office Assistants organize company information, field internal and external communications, and handle other support or clerical tasks. Successful candidates will be organized, courteous, and efficient. Avoid candidates who lack time management or communication skills.
Interview Questions for Office Assistants
1. You are assigned several complex tasks with different deadlines. How do you handle this?
Demonstrates time management skills.
2. While managers are in a meeting, an impatient customer comes in and demands to see someone. What do you do?
Tests ability to handle tense situations.
3. How have you used computers in administrative or clerical work?
Shows computer proficiency.
4. Describe how you’ve implemented or refined processes as an office assistant. What was the impact?
Tests problem-solving skills.
5. Tell about a time when you made a mistake. How did you fix the problem?
Shows ability to learn from errors.