Office assistants handle organizational and clerical support tasks. This may include organizing files, scheduling appointments, writing copy, proofreading, receiving guests and more, depending on the company and its needs.
Office Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for an Office Assistant to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our office. You will be handling incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands.
In order for you to be selected as a candidate, you will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with word processing applications. A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is also highly valued.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by booking accommodations and reservations needs as required.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
Office Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or associate’s degree.
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver license.
Office Assistant FAQ:
Can I make changes to your office assistant job posting?
You can customize our office assistant job posting sample to better fit the needs of your business. Advertise an office assistant job your way by editing and adding to our sample. You’re looking for an office assistant who will be a good fit for your company, so feel free to expand on the skills and traits you’d like to have in your office assistant description.
How can I change your office assistant job description sample to make it work for my company?
There are a lot of ways you could change our office assistant job description example to fit your needs. You could expand the office assistant description to include the qualities you’d like to have for your company. You can edit the office assistant skills list to reflect the specific qualification you’d like applicants to have. You can also add to the office assistant duties and responsibilities lists to tell candidates more about the position.
What are some interview questions for Office Assistants?
We do have some examples of interview questions for your office assistant job.
After you’ve created a list of office assistant duties and responsibilities, you can view our office assistant interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources