Interview Questions for Technical Directors:
1. Describe a successful project you recently worked on. What did you learn?
Tests management abilities, leadership potential, and ability to learn.
2. What would you consider the most challenging part of being a technical director?
Reveals understanding of role and suitability for the position, and also highlights potential issues.
3. How will you motivate your team to reach a tight deadline?
Tests planning, interpersonal, motivational, and problem-solving skills.
4. Describe a time when someone injured themselves on the job. What did you do?
Tests knowledge of health and safety protocols, as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure.
5. What would you do if your leadership abilities were criticized?
Reveals willingness to have difficult discussions and listen to feedback, and also tests the ability to remain professional in tense situations.