A Fashion Director, also known as a Fashion Coordinator, is a job suitable for people with a creative sense of style. They are expected to stay up-to-date with the latest fashion trends, supervise photo shoots, and produce fashionable outfits for department stores, clothing brands or magazines.
Fashion Director Job Description Template:
Our fashion department has an exciting job opportunity available for a talented and ambitious Fashion Director. As the director, you will lead the entire department to ensure all operations run effectively and efficiently.
You will be in charge of directing photo shoots, coordinating brand marketing campaigns, creating detailed design plans, and evaluating the latest fashion trends. In addition to having a talent for fashion, the ideal candidate will be highly creative with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Develop well-organized fashion design plans and create new fashion concepts.
- Coordinate the advertising and marketing departments to create effective strategies.
- Remain up-to-date with the recent trends in the fashion industry.
- Generate concepts for photo shoots, hire suitable models, and book the photographer, location, and clothing.
- Observe fashion publications and schedule meetings with designers to stay informed on trends.
- Assess the possible success of different clothing lines.
- Select outfits and accessories for promotional marketing purposes.
- Share your fashion recommendations and analysis with management and clients to help them select the proper inventory purchases.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or relevant field is preferred.
- Between 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar or creative role.
- Outstanding planning and project management abilities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Creative eye for design, copy, and fashion.
- Solid understanding of the latest fashion trends.