Fashion Director Job Description Template
Our fashion department has an exciting job opportunity available for a talented and ambitious fashion director. As the director, you will lead the entire department to ensure all operations run effectively and efficiently.
You will be in charge of directing photoshoots, coordinating brand marketing campaigns, creating detailed design plans, and evaluating the latest fashion trends. In addition to having a talent for fashion, the ideal candidate will be highly creative with excellent leadership and communication skills.
Fashion Director Responsibilities:
- Developing well-organized fashion design plans and creating new fashion concepts.
- Coordinating the advertising and marketing departments to create effective strategies.
- Remaining up-to-date with the recent trends in the fashion industry.
- Generating concepts for photoshoots, hiring suitable models, and booking the photographer, location, and clothing.
- Observing fashion publications and scheduling meetings with designers to stay informed on trends.
- Assessing the possible success of different clothing lines.
- Selecting outfits and accessories for promotional marketing purposes.
- Sharing your fashion recommendations and analyses with management and clients to help them select inventory purchases.
Fashion Director Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or relevant field is preferred.
- Between 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar or creative role.
- Outstanding planning and project management abilities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Creative eye for design, copy, and fashion.
- Solid understanding of the latest fashion trends.