Interview Questions for Substance Abuse Counselors:
1. What qualifications and experience make you suitable for this role?
Assesses the candidate's suitability and knowledge of the role.
2. A patient is emotionally distressed after suffering a relapse. How do you respond?
Evaluates the candidate's clinical intervention skills.
3. What has been your greatest achievement working as a substance abuse counselor?
Highlights the candidate's expertise and practical experience.
4. How would you counsel partners who enable addiction because they fear outbursts?
Demonstrates the candidate's approach to common problems faced by a patient's family and friends.
5. Can you elaborate on one of SAHMSA's four key elements of recovery for addicts?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of industry best practices and quality care.