Also known as a Mental Therapist, Mental Health Therapists diagnose and treat mental health disorders, working with individuals, groups or families.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mental Health Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Mental Health Therapist to be responsible for counseling individuals, groups or families to diagnose and treat mental health disorders. The Mental Health Therapists' responsibilities also include referring clients to specialists, monitoring progress during treatment and creating a comfortable environment for clients to be treated in.
To be successful as a Mental Health Therapist you must be professional and keep all client information confidential. A good Mental Health Therapist remains professional yet empathetic and makes clients feel at ease during consultations.
Mental Health Therapist Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and treat mental health disorders.
- Facilitate session with individuals, groups or families.
- Refer clients to specialists if necessary.
- Create a treatment plan based on each client's needs.
- Monitor client progress during treatment.
Mental Health Therapist Requirement:
- A Master's Degree in Psychology.
- Prior experience in psychotherapy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Empathy for clients.
- Confidentiality with client information.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources