A Clinical Psychologist identifies and diagnoses psychological, emotional and behavioral issues in clients, and develops and implements treatment plans. Clinical Psychologists treat clients with more serious issues than counseling psychologists do.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Clinical Psychologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Clinical Psychologist to assist us in making assessments and identifying a wide variety of disorders in clients, and formulating suitable treatments. The Clinical Psychologist will employ a range of methods to assess clients’ issues. The Clinical Psychologist will be instrumental in performing interventions. You will utilize various treatment strategies, such as behavior modification and stress reduction therapy. You will continuously measure the success of treatment programs, and make changes where necessary.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop an effective, tailor-made treatment plan for each client, and consistently conduct follow-ups. Top candidates will be unprejudiced, and have keen observational and analytical skills.
Clinical Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Making assessments and interpretations based on biopsychosocial evaluations, psychometric tests, semi-structured interviews, therapy sessions and neuropsychological assessments.
- Collaborating with other healthcare providers to evaluate medical and physical condition of clients.
- Formulating and creating personalized interventions, treatments and management plans for clients.
- Assessing clients' risk, considering their mental health and social needs when performing interventions.
- Interacting with clients and other parties regarding performing interventions.
- Employing various treatment methods such as psychotherapy, hypnosis, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy and psychodrama.
- Measuring effectiveness of interventions and implementing changes where required.
- Ensuring the maintenance and safe storage of accurate program and client records, and all other pertinent documents.
- Maintaining confidentiality of clients’ treatment and records in accordance with HIPAA. Participating in clinical training seminars and mentoring assistant psychologists, psychology students and interns on site.
- Working towards positioning the agency as a pioneer in psychological interventions.
Clinical Psychologist Requirements:
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Registered with HCPC.
- Experienced with specialist psychological assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems of varying severity and complexity.
- Proficient with psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision.
- Proficient with planning and performing psychological interventions.
- Current awareness of developments in relevant fields.
- Ability to maintain and complete clinical documentation consistently.