Social workers help clients handle everyday life problems. They often assist clients who have issues caused by neglect, abuse, domestic violence, mental health and parental substance abuse. Clinical social workers may also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Social Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Social Worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health and parental substance abuse. Cases will be handled by phone or in person. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in psychology, social work or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver license.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources