Social Workers help people cope with and manage the problems associated with everyday life. Successful candidates will be caring, understanding, and resourceful. Avoid candidates who lack strong interpersonal and communication skills or emotional intelligence.
Interview Questions for Social Workers
1. How do you assess a client’s needs and determine which resources may be right for them?
Provides insight into case evaluation process.
2. Describe your toughest case. What made it challenging? What did you learn?
Reveals more about work history.
3. How do you deal with emotional or unstable clients? Use experiences to support.
Demonstrates interpersonal skills.
4. Describe a time when you helped a client in a time of crisis. How did you react? How did you cope with the stress?
Shows how the client handles tense situations.
5. Explain how you approach ethical dilemmas. What goes into your decision-making process?
Post a Social Worker job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission