Activities Assistants plan and facilitate social and recreational events and may work in a variety of environments, ranging from summer camps to nursing or retirement homes. These professional event planners may also be known as Activities Aides.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Activities Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a positive, compassionate Activities Assistant to schedule and coordinate events. The Activities Assistant will create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events in an effort to engage clients, residents, or patients. They will speak to participants to get feedback, manage employees, volunteers and resources, and deliver fun, safe events while on time and under budget. You should be detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
To succeed as an Activities Assistant, you should strive to stage entertaining, engaging activities that will appeal to the age and physical or emotional condition of the client. You should be observant, driven, creative, and caring.
Activities Assistant Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Implementing activities that accommodate those with special needs.
- Handling logistics to make the event possible, such as making phone calls, advertising, managing inventory and budgets, training and motivating volunteers or employees, and coordinating transportation.
- Observing participants at events to gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve events.
- Keeping records regarding event planning resources, participant interest, and other notable information, such as injuries or behavioral incidents.
- Reporting medical concerns or observations.
- Ensuring that events are well-provisioned, event staff is trained and prepared, and that the event takes place on time and within budget.
- Providing participants with instructions for the event.
- Adhering to and enforcing all safety procedures.
Activities Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma and certain certifications may be required.
- More education or experience with nursing, recreational activities, event planning, or related may be preferred.
- Job training and first-aid and CPR training may be necessary.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Physical fitnesses, ability to walk, dance, stand, lift, or meet other physical demands.
- Adaptability and strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent resource management, computer, record keeping, interpersonal, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and compassion when dealing with others, especially those who are sick, injured, elderly, or from different backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work when needed, especially evenings, weekends, or early mornings.
- Willingness to adhere to and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources