Daycare Workers ensure the safety and welfare of children before and after school or at other times while parents are working. These workers may also be known as Child Care Workers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Daycare Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient, attentive Daycare Worker to care for children. The Daycare Worker will assist parents and their company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
To be successful as a Daycare Worker, you should be thorough and caring with an eye for detail. You should be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position and have an understanding of the childhood development process.
Daycare Worker Responsibilities:
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
Daycare Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education and experience may be required or preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Some companies or states may have a minimum age requirement.
- Additional licenses, certifications, or training may be beneficial or required.
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of immunizations and ability to pass a background check.
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
Daycare Worker FAQ:
What is a daycare or childcare worker?
Daycare workers look after children before and after school or while parents are working. They help establish and enforce schedules or routines, assist with feeding and cleaning children, and encourage learning and socialization. Add your essential daycare duties to our daycare worker description to create a custom job listing for your business.
What skills do you need to be a childcare worker and how can I include them in my job listing?
Childcare worker duties require a lot of patience and decisiveness. When you advertise a daycare worker job, you should highlight these traits and look for employees who are detail-oriented and possess strong decision making and task management skills. As you develop your childcare position description, think about the daycare job requirements at your business and list the qualities and qualifications that would make an applicant a good fit for your team.
Can I customize your daycare job description?
When you advertise a daycare worker job, your listing should help applicants better understand your company’s specific needs. Feel free to edit or add to any section of our child care worker job description example to get a job listing that works for your company.
Do you have interview questions for daycare workers?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job description samples.
After you have reviewed our daycare description, take some time to review our daycare worker interview questions.