Daycare Workers ensure the safety and welfare of children before and after school or at other times while parents are working. These workers may also be known as Child Care Workers.
Daycare Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient, attentive Daycare Worker to care for children. The Daycare Worker will assist parents and their company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
To be successful as a Daycare Worker, you should be thorough and caring with an eye for detail. You should be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position and have an understanding of the childhood development process.
Daycare Worker Responsibilities:
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
Daycare Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education and experience may be required or preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Some companies or states may have a minimum age requirement.
- Additional licenses, certifications, or training may be beneficial or required.
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of immunizations and ability to pass a background check.
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
Post a Daycare Worker job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission