Child Psychologists assess, diagnose, and treat children who may have slight or severe mental, emotional or social disorders. They help such children and their families to be happy and successful in their day-to-day lives, and reach their developmental milestones.
Child Psychologist Job Description
We are seeking a qualified and compassionate Child Psychologist to join our growing private practice. You may work with children suffering from a wide range of disorders, e.g. ADHD, anxiety, depression, and autism, to children seeking to overcome substance abuse, or who are in post-trauma recovery.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge and skills to provide quality care to our clients and their families. You will need to be well-versed in the most recent research on child and adolescent therapies.
Child Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Conduct psychological assessments and/or tests for diagnostic purposes.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for each child.
- Educate family members on what they can do for their child or how to respond to certain behaviors.
- Recommend rehabilitation or intervention programs to overcome addiction issues.
- Provide complete documentation and records of assessments and treatments according to in-house policies.
Child Psychologist Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a graduate degree in psychology, and finally a Ph.D. or. Psy.D. in clinical or child psychology.
- Candidates at post-doctoral level may be preferred.
- Several years’ practical experience working with children in a clinical setting may be strongly desired.
- Must be approachable and empathic for children to be comfortable working with you.
- Must be knowledgeable of different therapeutic methods and be able to switch between different approaches to meet each child’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with children of different ages and from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Adhere to all professional, ethical, and legal regulations as determined by relevant regulatory bodies and the law.
- Willingness to attend team meetings, as well as seminars on topics relevant to our client base.