Child Psychologist Job Description
We are seeking a qualified and compassionate child psychologist to join our growing private practice. You may work with children suffering from a wide range of disorders, e.g. ADHD, anxiety, depression, and autism, to children seeking to overcome substance abuse, or who are in post-trauma recovery.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge and skills to provide quality care to our clients and their families. You will need to be well-versed in the most recent research on child and adolescent therapies.
Child Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Conduct psychological assessments and/or tests for diagnostic purposes.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for each child.
- Educate family members on what they can do for their child or how to respond to certain behaviors.
- Recommend rehabilitation or intervention programs to overcome addiction issues.
- Provide complete documentation and records of assessments and treatments according to in-house policies.
Child Psychologist Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a graduate degree in psychology, and finally a Ph.D. or. Psy.D. in clinical or child psychology.
- Candidates at the post-doctoral level may be preferred.
- Several years’ practical experience working with children in a clinical setting may be strongly desired.
- Must be approachable and empathic for children to be comfortable working with you.
- Must be knowledgeable of different therapeutic methods and be able to switch between different approaches to meet each child’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with children of different ages and from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Adhere to all professional, ethical, and legal regulations as determined by relevant regulatory bodies and the law.
- Willingness to attend team meetings, as well as seminars on topics relevant to our client base.