A Childcare Assistant, or Childcare Worker, takes care of children in an organization or in the home of the children. A Childcare Assistant assists Childcare Teachers with children's basic needs, such as bathing, feeding, monitoring movement, and diaper changing.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Childcare Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Childcare Assistant to be responsible for providing assistance to the Childcare Teacher at a school. The Childcare Assistant will work closely with the Childcare Teacher in conducting daily duties such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, writing daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play, assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe environment.
To be successful as a Childcare Assistant, you must possess a passion for children and exercise patience with them. You should display a friendly and positive attitude and greet parents and children by their name. Ultimately, you should constantly monitor and supervise the children in your care to ensure their safety.
Childcare Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing support for the Childcare Teacher.
- Monitoring and supervising the children constantly.
- Assisting the Childcare Teacher in maintaining a safe and positive environment.
- Cultivating relationships with children, parents, and guardians.
- Alerting the Childcare Teacher to emergencies.
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Greeting parents and addressing children by their name.
- Adhering to procedures in preparing a bottle or changing a diaper.
- Assisting with sand, water, or playground activities.
- Assisting in putting children to sleep.
Childcare Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC 30113), if pertinent to the state.
- A current Working with Children License.
- First Aid Training recommended.
- On-the-job training recommended.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must meet state-specific guidelines.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources