An Early Childhood Educator is a qualified professional who educates children from the age of 3 years until they begin formal schooling. They address the cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs of both the individual child and groups of children.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Early Childhood Educator Job Description Template
We are looking for a certified Early Childhood Educator who can effectively address the needs of 3 to 6-year-old children in a school environment. The Early Childhood Educator is responsible for providing developmentally appropriate programs that are aligned with national norms of the state.
To be a successful Early Childhood Educator, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children. Ultimately, an outstanding Early Childhood Educator should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
Early Childhood Educator Responsibilities:
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the program to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- Composing detailed reports for parents.
- Meeting with The Head of Department and Principal on a regular basis.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Education Department and State.
Early Childhood Educator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Child Development.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field.
- Ability to exercise patience when interacting with children.
- A caring and approachable nature.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources