Toddler Teachers care for and instruct children between the ages of 1 and 3 years to ensure that they acquire developmentally-appropriate knowledge and skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Toddler Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a nurturing Toddler Teacher to ensure that the basic and educational needs of our students are met. As a Toddler Teacher, you will be required to prepare and deliver classroom activities, communicate with staff and parents, and ensure that the learning environment remains safe at all times. You should also be an excellent role model for our students.
To be successful as a Toddler Teacher, you should be creative, energetic, and able to encourage self-expression. Top candidates will possess a thorough understanding of the contextual factors that shape early childhood development.
Toddler Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning and delivering lessons designed to facilitate students' social, emotional, and cognitive development.
- Encouraging self-expression through understanding, flexibility, and behavioral reinforcement.
- Tending to students' basic needs by feeding and dressing them.
- Mediating conflict between students.
- Modelling appropriate behaviors, even when not on duty.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning at all times.
- Liaising with families to gain insight into students' home lives.
- Tracking and informing parents of students' progress.
- Attending parent and staff meetings.
Toddler Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Clear criminal record.
- Prior experience working with young children, preferably within a similar setting.
- Basic first aid training is advantageous.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Warm, approachable disposition.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
- A passion for early childhood development.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources