Preschool Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for a vibrant preschool teacher to educate, care for, and inspire the young minds at our preschool. Using a variety of teaching methods, including artistic expression, educational play, and storytelling, you will teach children to identify shapes, colors, numbers, and letters, while providing them with foundational life skills and preparing them for the next stage of formal education.
To be successful as a preschool teacher, you should have the patience, compassion, and energy to successfully guide a class of young children, each of whom will have different needs, abilities, aptitudes, and emotions. The best candidate will also have excellent administrative and organizational skills, in order to plan curriculums and create reports on each child's progress.
Preschool Teacher Responsibilities:
- Educating children about fundamental concepts, such as colors, letters, numbers, and shapes.
- Encouraging social interactions between children and improving their self-esteem.
- Engaging in creative methods of learning, such as arts and crafts, supervised play, and storytelling.
- Planning comprehensive curriculums to address early childhood development needs.
- Instilling a sense of order and discipline in the classroom.
- Monitoring free time on the playground.
- Ensuring the classroom is a clean, safe, and organized environment.
- Preparing for lessons by gathering materials and setting up workstations.
- Communicating with parents to better understand the children's home lives and psyches.
- Writing up reports for parents on each child's developmental progress.
Preschool Teacher Requirements:
- Degree in education, with a focus on early childhood development.
- Experience working with young children in a classroom setting.
- Ability to communicate with young children at their level.
- Patient, compassionate attitude, with a friendly, energetic disposition.
- Good mediation and nurturing abilities.
- Creative mindset with an ability to create memorable, out-of-the-box lessons.
- Passion for shaping and inspiring young minds.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.