Preschool Teachers provide education and care for children during the years before they begin their formal education at an elementary or primary school institution.
When interviewing Preschool Teacher candidates, look for people who are passionate and knowledgeable about early childhood development. Be wary of candidates with low energy levels, as they might not be capable of managing a classroom full of exuberant youngsters.
Interview Questions for Preschool Teachers:
1. Can you tell us about a difficult child you've had in your classroom?
Reveals the candidate's level of patience and problem-solving ability.
2. What do you think are the major benefits of free play for young children?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and understanding of early childhood development.
3. What is your favorite thing about teaching young children in particular?
Reveals the candidate's experience and passion for childcare.
4. How would you address a parent whose child showed signs of learning or behavioral difficulties?
Demonstrates the candidate's observation and interpersonal skills.
5. What are some methods you've used to successfully teach children about numbers?
Shows the candidate's organizational skills and ability to think out of the box.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources