Childcare Workers (also known as Daycare Workers) take care of children during the hours of the day that their families are unable to do so. Their primary duties include ensuring that the children in their care are bathed, fed and safe.
Suitable candidates will demonstrate a love for children and knowledge of child developmental stages. Be wary of candidates who come across as impatient or inattentive.
Interview Questions for Childcare Workers
1. How do you deal with a child who won't participate in games and activities with his peers?
Tests communication skills and ability to excite and engage with children.
2. What key activities do you include in your schedule to ensure the day runs smoothly?
Tests knowledge of age-appropriate activities and provides insight into candidate's schedule management process.
3. What do you enjoy most about working with children?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality and love for children.
4. What do you find most challenging about being a Childcare Worker, and how do you address these challenges?
Reveals more about the candidate's level of creativity and ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
5. Describe a time when you and a parent disagreed about how to react to a disobedient child. How do you handle the situation?
Tests conflict-resolution skills, communicative ability, and ability to stay calm under pressure.