Childcare Workers (also known as Daycare Workers) take care of children when their families are at work. Their primary duties include ensuring that the children in their care are safe, fed, and engaged in developmental activities.
Childcare Worker Job Description
We are seeking a reliable Childcare Worker with lots of energy and patience. The Childcare Worker will mainly be responsible for preparing meals and feeding children, bathing and ensuring overall hygiene, assisting with stimulating and age-appropriate games and tasks, accompanying younger children to social events, and helping older children with their homework.
To be successful as a Childcare Worker, you need to have a love for children, understand the principles of child development, be physically fit and able to care for their basic needs, and be informed about what to do in an emergency situation.
Childcare Worker Responsibilities:
- Ensure that children are safe and that their everyday needs are met – this may include diapering, dressing, grooming, and feeding.
- Engage in positive interaction with children to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Ensure children are kept active, entertained, and engaged in developmental activities.
- Effectively discipline children who are misbehaving.
- Plan and oversee daily schedules.
- Model and encourage good social skills, e.g. strong communication and conflict-resolution skills.
- Monitor and report developmental or safety concerns.
Childcare Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A qualification in childcare, child development, or childhood education may be required.
- Knowledge of the stages of childhood development.
- Good communication skills to report on child’s individual needs/performance/development to superiors or parents.
- Physical energy to run around after children all day.
- First aid training is strongly preferred.
- Driver’s license.
- Clean criminal record/background check.
- Good references.