Lead Toddler Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, approachable lead toddler teacher to join our team. The lead toddler teacher's responsibilities include formulating and implementing curricula to meet the basic and educational needs of toddlers. In this position, you will also be required to supervise teaching staff, track and report on students' progress, and ensure that classes remain safe and conducive to learning.
To ensure success as a lead toddler teacher, you should be compassionate and able to work well under pressure. Top-notch lead toddler teachers should liaise with other departments to advance the school's objectives, and should remain up-to-date with advances in early childhood development research.
Lead Toddler Teacher Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing curricula that cater to the basic and educational needs of toddlers.
- Training, supervising, and mentoring teachers to ensure that they perform well.
- Adhering to appropriate legal and educational guidelines to maintain toddlers' well-being.
- Conducting child assessments to gauge students' progress.
- Documenting and reporting on students' process.
- Establishing relationships with each family to ensure that their toddler's needs are met.
- Leading staff and parent meetings.
- Organizing and engaging in occasional team-building activities.
Lead Toddler Teacher Requirements:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in early childhood education.
- Valid state license or equivalent.
- Proven experience planning and developing curricula for toddlers.
- Prior experience teaching toddlers.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Able to attend meetings during evenings, as needed.
- A keen interest in early childhood education.