Lead Teachers are experienced educators who have administrative authority over one or more educational departments. They plan and implement changes to curriculums and school policies, and provide mentoring and assessment for other teachers.
Lead Teacher Job Description Template
Our school is looking for an experienced, passionate educator to fill the role of Lead Teacher. You will be collaborating with a team of teachers, administrators, and parents to ensure that our students receive the best education we can provide. Key responsibilities include designing effective curriculums, assessing lesson plans, implementing innovative teaching methods, and supporting less experienced teachers in their various roles.
To be successful as a Lead Teacher, you should be someone with a deep understanding of what it takes to teach students effectively. Top candidates will also be excellent leaders and mentors, able to use their knowledge to raise fellow teachers up, and make lasting improvements to the school's educational processes.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Leading the development of your department's curriculum.
- Assessing lesson plans and current teaching methods.
- Implementing strategies to improve any identified shortcomings.
- Contributing to the leadership and management of the school.
- Supporting, guiding, and reviewing other members of teaching staff.
- Teaching demonstration lessons for the edification of fellow teachers.
- Working with other departments to contribute towards the general improvement of the school.
Lead Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education.
- Valid certification or state license.
- Experience in teaching and planning lessons.
- Great leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to provide colleagues and friends with honest, constructive criticism.
- Collaborative and creative mindset, with an affinity for problem-solving.
- Strong passion for the development and education of our youth.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources