A Teacher Assistant provides support to a lead teacher in charge of a classroom. Also known as Teacher’s Aides, these professionals reinforce lessons by tutoring individual students or small groups. Their duties include creating lesson plans, documenting progress, and overseeing lesson preparations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Teacher Assistant Job Description Template:
We are currently looking for a friendly and competent Teacher Assistant to join our team. If you are a compassionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in education, we urge you to apply! In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students, developing lesson plans, preparing lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness.
The successful candidate must enjoy working with children and be devoted to building a nurturing and safe learning environment. To excel in this role, you must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of classroom activities and teaching methods.
Teacher Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on field excursions.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- Help lead teachers to create lesson plans.
- Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.
Teacher Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teaching assistant or similar role.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
- Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources