Mental Health Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for an empathetic and patient mental health worker to provide support to mental health patients and their families in a psychiatric facility or residential setting. The mental health worker's responsibilities include working under a registered nurse, helping patients with daily activities such as bathing, eating and getting dressed, and taking vital measurements such as heart rate and blood pressure.
To be successful as a Mental Health Worker you should be compassionate and professional, and be able to remain respectful of the patient at all times.
Mental Health Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting patients with daily tasks such as eating, bathing, and getting dressed.
- Ensuring that patients follow treatment plans and take the necessary medication.
- Alleviating duties from the patients' families.
- Creating treatment plans for patients.
Mental Health Worker Requirements:
- A certification in mental health.
- Patience in stressful situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A passion for helping others.