Also known as a Psychiatric Technician or Mental Health Technician, Mental Health Workers support mental health patients by helping with daily activities and assisting to provide therapeutic care.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mental Health Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for an empathetic and patient Mental Health Worker to provide support to mental health patients and their families in a psychiatric facility or residential setting. The Mental Health Worker's responsibilities include working under a Registered Nurse, helping patients with daily activities such as bathing, eating and getting dressed, and taking vital measurements such as heart rate and blood pressure.
To be successful as a Mental Health Worker you should be compassionate and professional, and be able to remain respectful of the patient at all times.
Mental Health Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting patients with daily tasks such as eating, bathing and getting dressed.
- Ensuring that patients follow treatment plans and take the necessary medication.
- Alleviating duties from the patients' families.
- Creating treatment plans for patients.
Mental Health Worker Requirements:
- A certification in mental health.
- Patience in stressful situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A passion for helping others.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources