Home health aides assist clients who are unable to care for themselves or perform daily tasks such as cooking, cleaning, dressing, and bathing. They may also perform basic medical services such as checking vital signs. They may provide long-term care or intermittent care. Some specialize in geriatric care or pediatric home health.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Home Health Aide Job Description Template
We have an opening for a Home Health Aide to join our growing team. You will be tasked with helping patients with personal hygiene, minor medical needs, housekeeping, and other daily needs as required by the patient. To excel in this role you should have an interest in health care and the ability to work with limited supervision keeping the patient's needs as your top priority.
Home Health Aide Responsibilities:
- Help patients with personal hygiene, dressing, bathing and other daily tasks.
- Perform basic health care services for patients including checking vital signs or administering prescription medication.
- Help with general light housekeeping.
- Make transportation arrangements as needed.
- Work with a nurse, personal care aide, a CNA, nurse aide, nursing assistant, and other caregivers and in-home care professionals.
- Observe and report on patient condition.
- Keep up with in-service training.
Home Health Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to provide references.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Have good personal hygiene.
- Able to do light house keeping.