Interview Questions for Companions:
1. Describe your caregiving experience. What conditions and age groups have you worked with?
Provide insight into the applicant’s background.
2. If a patient was in a bad mood, what would you do to motivate him/her to take medicine, exercise, etc?
Shows candidate can keep the patient engaged.
3. How well do you work under tense situations? Provide examples using your experience as a caregiver.
Demonstrates the ability to handle stress.
4. Describe the daily tasks you expect to perform as a companion. Are there any tasks you’re uncomfortable with performing?
Reveals job expectations.
5. How would you cater to the emotional needs of your patient?
Shows emotional intelligence.