Patient Sitter Job Description Template
We are seeking a compassionate patient sitter to join our hospital staff. You will provide patients with the companionship and emotional support they require, and supervise patients who are at risk of harming themselves or others.
To be successful as a patient sitter, you should be an excellent communicator, with a strong ability to listen to people who are often undergoing highly emotional, frightening experiences. Top candidates will also be respectful and discreet.
Patient Sitter Responsibilities:
- Supervising patients in your care without distraction.
- Alerting nurses when patients need help or intervention.
- Providing emotional support and companionship to patients.
- Monitoring vital signs and detecting changes in the condition of patients.
- Assisting patients with basic requests.
- Refraining from performing medical procedures or any unauthorized actions.
- Keeping patient information confidential.
- Adhering to hospital policies and standards.
Patient Sitter Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience performing basic functions, such as checking vital signs.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Strong observation ability.
- Ability to handle emotionally distressing situations.
- Professional appearance and excellent hygiene.
- Ability to act calmly and swiftly under pressure.
- Available to work night shifts, over weekends, and on holidays.