Hospital Administrators are responsible for organizing and overseeing the health services and daily activities of a hospital or healthcare facility. They manage staff and budgets, communicate between departments and ensure adequate patient care amongst other duties.
Hospital Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Hospital Administrator with fantastic time management and organizational skills. Hospital Administrators are expected to be strong leaders with superb administrative and record keeping skills.
To ensure success, Hospital Administrators should be confident and professional administrators with excellent communication and problem-solving skills that will contribute to the efficient functioning of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work well under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to emergency situations.
Hospital Administrator Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison among governing boards, medical staff and department managers.
- Organize, control and coordinate services as per the hospital board regulations.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs and policies for patient services, quality assurance, public relations and department activities.
- Evaluate personnel and prepare daily reports.
- Assist with recruitment, consenting, screening and enrolment of personnel.
- Practice financial acumen in managing budgets.
- Authorize admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made on time.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Sterilize instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
Hospital Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Healthcare Administration or related (essential).
- Current CPR certification (essential).
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a Hospital Administrator role (essential).
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD and CPT coding (highly advantageous).
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Superb organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
- Passionate about clinical excellence.