Hospital Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hospital administrator with fantastic time management and organizational skills. Hospital administrators are expected to be strong leaders with superb administrative and record-keeping skills.
To ensure success, hospital administrators should be confident and professional administrators with excellent communication and problem-solving skills that will contribute to the efficient functioning of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work well under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to emergency situations.
Hospital Administrator Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison among governing boards, medical staff, and department managers.
- Organize, control, and coordinate services as per the hospital board regulations.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs and policies for patient services, quality assurance, public relations, and department activities.
- Evaluate personnel and prepare daily reports.
- Assist with recruitment, consenting, screening, and enrolment of personnel.
- Practice financial acumen in managing budgets.
- Authorize admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made on time.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Sterilize instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
Hospital Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in healthcare administration or related (essential).
- Current CPR certification (essential).
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a hospital administrator role (essential).
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD, and CPT coding (highly advantageous).
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Superb organizational, administrative, and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and IT skills.
- Passionate about clinical excellence.