A Healthcare Administrator oversees the day-to-day administrative operations of hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Also known as Health Service Managers, these professionals are required to plan and supervise all medical services. Duties include monitoring budgets and updating health records.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Healthcare Administrator Job Description Template:
Our healthcare facility is searching for a reliable and qualified Healthcare Administrator to manage our clinical and administrative procedures. To succeed in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical terminologies.
As the Healthcare Administrator, you will be responsible for creating employee work schedules, monitoring budgets, maintaining patient records, and ensuring compliance with state laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will be professional and courteous, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitor the department’s budget and prepare accurate reports about your findings.
- Keep detailed records of medical and office supplies stock.
- Inform employees of new policies and other changes.
- Develop work schedules for all employees.
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals to identify their issues and needs.
- Respond to questions from doctors, nurses, and patients in a timely manner.
- Ensure patient medical records are kept up to date.
- Keep records of all expenses and recommend techniques to reduce costs.
- Ensure all departments comply with the current healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hospital administration position.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical terminology.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solver with good time-management abilities.
- Proven experience with administrative and accounting processes is a bonus.