Healthcare Data Analysts oversee hospital data management and analytics. They are responsible for compiling and organizing healthcare data, analyzing data to assist in delivering optimal healthcare management and communicating their findings with management.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Healthcare Data Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for highly analytical candidates who are as skilled in healthcare administration as they are in business management. Healthcare Data Analysts are quantitative specialists who understand the business needs of a hospital and how to use data to achieve those needs. Their duties include organizing and managing large and varied data sets, analyzing healthcare data to optimize business operations and communicating their findings through the use of data visualization and detailed reports.
The best Healthcare Data Analysts are diligent problem solvers who use data in creative ways to reach business goals.
Healthcare Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Compiling and organizing healthcare data.
- Analyzing data to assist in delivering optimal healthcare management and decision making.
- Using healthcare data to achieve administrative needs and goals.
- Understanding data storage and data sharing methods.
- Investigating data to find patterns and trends.
- Understanding healthcare business operations.
- Utilizing different data sources for analyses.
- Converting data into usable information that is easy to understand.
- Developing reports and presentations.
- Communicating analytic insights to management.
Healthcare Data Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Master's degree advantageous.
- 4+ years experience in an analytic role.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL.
- Proficiency with Python for data manipulation.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of data management applications.
- Proficiency managing electronic medical records.
- Analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.