A data analyst collects and stores data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, linguistics, or other behaviors. They bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design and present it in ways to help people, businesses, and organizations make better decisions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Data Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Data Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
Data Analyst FAQ:
What is a data analyst?
A data analyst collects, analyzes, and stores data and uses it to help clients or companies make better decisions. Feel free to add your company’s data analyst job responsibilities and requirements to our data analyst description to create a custom job listing.
May I customize your data analytics job description?
Our data analyst job description sample is fully customizable. Before you post a data analyst job, feel free to add any details, data analyst duties, or requirements that you’d like.
What information should I include when I advertise a data analyst job?
Start with our sample job description for data analysts and add the skills, qualities, and qualifications that your company is looking for to ensure applicants understand the role and expectations.
Do you have examples of data analyst interview questions?
We do have interview questions for data analysts.
After you have created a data analyst position description, take a look at our data analyst interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources