The role of Business Analyst is an important part of any project team. Acting as the key interface between the users and the project manager they gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents with users.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Business Analyst Job Description Template
We are hiring a Business Analyst to join our project team. You will work alongside other business analysts and report directly to the project manager. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Business Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
Business Analyst FAQ:
What is a business analyst?
The business analyst is the link between the end user and a project manager. The requirements for business analysts may vary between positions and the business analyst key responsibilities may differ from company to company, but their main purpose is to analyze, evaluate, and refine processes.
Is Business Analyst an IT job?
Business analyst roles and responsibilities usually require strong technical skills and ideal candidates will need to be aware of the latest trends in technology to be able to develop the best solutions for their project teams. Technical skills are even more important for companies hiring IT Business Analysts, so be sure to specify the business analyst qualifications you’re looking for when you post the position.
Can I customize the Business Analyst job description to suit my company’s needs?
When you advertise a business analyst job, your business analyst position description should include the qualities and skills you'd like to have in your next hire. Feel free to edit any section of our business analyst job description sample. Include additional requirements for business analysts or expand on business analysts tasks and duties. Whether you’re looking for an IT business analyst, non IT business analyst, or a junior business analyst job description, our business analyst job posting can be edited to reflect your specific needs.
Do you have examples of Business Analyst interview questions?
We do have examples of business analyst interview questions.
After you have created a list of business analyst duties and job description for your company, you can review our business analyst interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources