Administrative Managers supervise administrative team members and ensure that daily office operations are performed in a seamless and efficient manner. These professionals may also be known as Administration Managers.
Administrative Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a perceptive, creative Administrative Manager to oversee office operations and administrative staff members. The Administrative Manager will hire, train, and evaluate administrative team members, develop, review, and improve policies, systems, and procedures, and generally ensuring the office operate smoothly and efficiently. You will also assist in developing and enforcing budgets, delegating tasks and tracking progress on projects, and planning and organizing a calendar of events, which may include training sessions, interviews, new hire orientations, and policy or procedure updates.
To succeed as an Administrative Manager, you must be focused on ensuring attracting and retaining top talent and streamlining office operations to maximize quality and efficiency while reducing costs. You should be analytical, knowledgeable, and organized with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
Administrative Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervising day-to-day operations of the administrative department and staff members.
- Hiring, training, and evaluating employees, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Working with accounting and management team to set budgets, monitor spending, and processing payroll and other expenses.
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Collecting, organizing, and storing information using computers and filing systems.
- Overseeing special projects and tracking progress towards company goals.
- Building new and expanding existing skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
Administrative Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field.
- Experience in related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
- Willingness to continue building skills through education opportunities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources