Administrative Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a perceptive, creative administrative manager to oversee office operations and administrative staff members. The administrative manager will hire, train, and evaluate administrative team members; develop, review, and improve policies, systems, and procedures; and generally ensure the office operates smoothly and efficiently.
To succeed as an administrative manager, you should be focused on attracting and retaining top talent and streamlining office operations to maximize quality and efficiency while reducing costs. You should be analytical, knowledgeable, and organized with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
Administrative Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the administrative department and staff members.
- Hiring, training, and evaluating employees and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies and that all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Working with the accounting and management teams to set budgets, monitor spending, and process payroll and other expenses.
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Collecting, organizing, and storing information using computers and filing systems.
- Overseeing special projects and tracking progress towards company goals.
- Building and expanding on skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
Administrative Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field.
- Experience in a related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
- Willingness to continue building skills through educational opportunities.