Administrators support office operations and leadership by keeping workspaces and information organized and accessible and handling many of the planning and clerical activities. These professionals may also be known as Office Administrators or Office Managers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for an attentive, efficient Administrator to provide consistent, courteous support for our leadership team and keep the office running smoothly and efficiently. The Administrator will oversee administrative and clerical activities, greet and direct office visitors, collect, organize, store, and retrieve information and documents, make arrangements for meetings and travel, and handle basic office tasks, such as answering phones, updating employee, client, and company data, filing, and keeping a clean, welcoming environment. You may also supervise the administrative staff members and provide some bookkeeping services.
To be a successful Administrator, you should be committed to facilitating smooth, efficient office operations by planning carefully, anticipating needs, and providing responsive, reliable assistance. You should be adaptable, proactive, supportive, and detail-oriented.
- Supporting company leadership and supervising administrative department activities staff members.
- Greeting office visitors and directing them to the appropriate parties.
- Handling or delegating basic office tasks, such as filing, preparing meeting areas and presentation materials, delivering mail, answering emails and phone calls, and data entry.
- Coordinating schedules and managing calendars for multiple parties to ensure that activities are properly arranged and prevent conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements and preparing documents, presentation materials, and facilities for meetings.
- Entering and updating company, employee, and client records.
- Ordering, storing, and distributing office supplies and maintaining, repairing, or replacing office equipment.
- Directing, reviewing, and optimizing office operations to increase accuracy, productivity, and efficiency and reduce costs.
- Providing basic bookkeeping services.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, a degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- Experience in administrative services or related field.
- More education, certifications, or experience is a major advantage.
- Exceptional time management, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, organized approach to multitasking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Professional appearance, courteous manner, and clear, friendly phone voice.
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure and successfully navigate or diffuse tense situations.
- Understanding of accounting principles and bookkeeping software may be required.
- Familiarity with office technology and equipment, including computers, fax machines, scanners, printers, phone systems, etc.