Interview Questions for Acute Care Nurse Practitioners:
1. What made you decide to work with patients who have critical conditions?
Reveals candidates’ motivations.
2. What has been your most trying experience as a nurse? How did you handle it?
Provides more information about the candidate’s experience.
3. Have you ever made the wrong call in an emergency situation? What did you learn from it?
Shows the ability to learn from mistakes.
4. How do you cope with the stress of dealing with serious cases?
Demonstrates the ability to handle stress.
5. Describe a time when you worked as part of a team to handle a difficult case. How did you deal with it? What would you have changed?
Shows the ability to work with others.